I 2015 er det Karen som er vert for utfordringa for andre år på rad, og eg er med for fjerde gong. 2014-utfordringa gjekk heller dårleg med kun 4 av 11 bøker lest. Betre lukke i 2015! Eg sakser frå innlegget til Karen:
It's back!! Once again, I'm hosting the Back to the Classics Challenge. I'm hoping to encourage bloggers to read more classics. By reading and posting about a minimum of six classic books, one lucky winner will receive a $30 gift from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
This year I've made two changes to the format. First of all, there are no required categories. That's right!! If there is a category you don't like (or more than one), you can just skip it, and still qualify for the drawing!
Secondly, I've increased the categories from eleven to twelve. I had so much fun choosing categories, I couldn't decide, and so this year I've decided to make it an even dozen. This results in a slight change to the way I'll calculate entries into the drawing. Here's how it's going to work:
- Complete six categories and you get one entry.
- Complete nine categories, and you get two entries.
- Complete all twelve categories, and your name is entered into the drawing three times!
Reglene er som følger:
- All books must be read in 2015. Books started prior to January 1, 2015, are not eligible. Reviews must be linked by December 31, 2015.
- All books must have been published at least 50 years ago; therefore, 1965 is the cutoff date. The only exception is books published posthumously, but written before 1965.
- E-books and audiobooks are eligible! Books may also count for other challenges you may be working on.
- Books may NOT cross over categories within this challenge. You may NOT count the same book twice for different categories in this challenge. One book per category -- otherwise, they won't count.
- If you do not have a blog, you may link your review from Goodreads or other publicy accessible online format.
- Please sign up for the challenge using the linky below BEFORE MARCH 31, 2015. If possible, please link to your sign-up announcement post, if possible or applicable.
- You do NOT have to list your books prior to starting the challenge, but it's more fun if you do! You can always change your list at any time. Books may be read in any order.
- Please identify the categories you've read in your wrap-up post so that I can easily add up your entries for the prize drawing! Adding links within the post would be greatly appreciated.
- The prize will be awarded the first week of January, 2016. All qualifying participants will receive one or more entries, based on the categories completed, and will receive a $30 (US) gift card from Amazon.com or The Book Depository, as long as they live in a country that can receive shipment. See here for list of countries.
- A 19th Century Classic (1801-1900): Nathaniel Hawthorne - The House of the Seven Gables (1851) Lest 23.04.15
- A 20th Century Classic (1901-1965): Edith Wharton - The House of Mirth (1905) Lest 15.04.15
- A Classic by a Woman Author: Lucy Maud Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables (1908) Lest 27.06.15
- A Classic in Translation: Honoré de Balzac - Old Goriot (1834) Lest 23.03.15
- A Very Long Classic Novel: Charles Dickens - Little Dorrit (1857) Lest 11.07.15
- A Classic Novella: Leo Tolstoy - The Kreutzer Sonata (1889) Lest 08.01.15
- A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title: Edith Wharton - Ethan Frome (1911) Lest 05.02.15
- A Humorous or Satirical Classic: Nikolai Gogol - Dead Souls (1842) Lest 13.05.15
- A Forgotten Classic: Irène Némirovsky - David Golder (1929) Lest 17.09.15
- A Nonfiction Classic: Agatha Christie - The Grand Tour (2012, posthumously) Lest 13.12.15
- A Classic Children's Book: Frances Hodgson Burnett - A Little Princess (1905) Lest 22.01.15
- A Classic Play: William Shakespeare - Macbeth (1606) Lest 06.12.15